Patrick Yeung Jr., M.D.
Patrick Yeung Jr., M.D.
|Hon. B. Sc
|University of Toronto, Canada|
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
St. John’s Mercy Medical Center
St. Louis, MO
|Obstetrics & Gynecology
Georgetown University Medical Center
|Advanced Gynecologic Endoscopy
Junior Faculty, Instructor
University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
|Fellow in Laparoscopic Excision of Endometriosis
Center for Endometriosis Care, Atlanta, GA
Board Certification and Licensure
|7/11/2003||American Board of Family Practice|
|1/12/2009||American Board of OB/GYN|
|8/1/2011- present||Assistant Professor
Director, Center for Endometriosis
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
|2008-2011||Founder and Director,
Duke Center for Endometriosis
Research & Treatment
Duke Center for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
|2010-present||Fellow of American College of OB/GYN (FACOG)|
|2006-present||Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (SLS)|
|2005-present||American Associate of GYN Laparoscopist (AAGL)|
|2003-present||American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ACOG)|
|2007-2009||American Society for Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology (ASCCP)|
|2002||Canadian Medical Register|
|2000||American Association of Family Practice (AAFP)|
Honors and Awards
|2008||Jay Cooper Endowed “Best Paper on Minimally Invasive Gyn”|
|2007||Kurt Semm “Excellence in Pelviscopy”|
|2004, 2007||Teaching award for student education|
|2004||Genetics award, internship year|
- Hart S, Yeung P Jr, Sobolewski C. Laparoendoscopic Single Site Hysterectomy: Tips and Tricks. The Female Patient. In press 2011.
- Yeung P Jr, Sinervo K, Winer W, Albee RB Jr. Reply of the Authors. Fertil Steril. 2011 Sep;96(3):e146. Epub 2011 Jul 18.
- Yeung PP Jr., Sinervo K, Winer W, Albee R Jr. Complete laparoscopic excision of endometriosis in adolescents: is hormonal suppression? Fertil Steril. 2011;95:1909–12.
- Yeung PP, Pasic RP. Results of the Live Survey in Las Vegas 2008, and the Response of the AAGL. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009 Sept; 16(5):519-521.
- Yeung PP Jr, Shwayder J, Pasic RP. Laparoscopic Management of Endometriosis: Comprehensive Review of Best Evidence. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009 May-Jun;16(3):269-81.
- Yeung P Jr, Justice T, Pasic RP. Comparison of Text versus Video for Teaching Laparoscopic Know Tying in the Novice Surgeon: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009 Apr 11. [Epub ahead of print].
- Nezhat C, Cho J, Morozov V, Yeung P Jr. Preoperative periumbilical ultrasound-guided saline infusion (PUGSI) as a tool in predicting obliterating subumbilical adhesions in laparoscopy. Fertil Steril. 2008 Jun 17. [Epub ahead of print].
- Yeung P, Pasic RP. Intact Ectopic Pregnancy Found at Laparoscopic Salpingectomy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2008 Jul-Aug;15(4):393.
- Yeung P, McManus C, Tchabo JG. Extended Somatic Support for a Pregnant Woman With Brain Death from Metastatic Malignant Melanoma: A Case Report. J Matern Fetal Med. July 2008;21(7): 509-511.
- Yeung P, Sokol A, Walton BW, Iglesia C. Thigh Abscess Mistaken for Sarcoma Following Transobturator Tape: A Case Report and Literature Review. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. Sep-Oct 2007; 14(5): 657-9.
- Hilgers TW, Yeung P. Intratubal Pressure Before and After Transcervical Catheterization of the Fallopian Tubes. Fertility and Sterility. July 1999, Volume; 72(1): 174-8.
- Tu F, Bajzak K, Sokol E, Winer W, Solnik J, Yeung P. Proceedings of the 2009 AAGL Innovation Forum. NewsScope 2011. http://www.aagl.org/innovationforum.
- Hart S, Yeung P Jr, Sobolewski C. Laparo-Endoscopic Single Site Hysterectomy in Gynecologic Surgery. Surgical Technology International XX. Oct 2010;20:195-206.
- Yeung, P. When Does Human Life Begin? Ethics & Medicine. Summer 2005.
Articles submitted for publication:
- Single site laparoscopic surgery. Chapter in the upcoming edition of Obstetrics & Gynecology Clinics of North America edition (2011) whose theme is on Advances in Minimally Invasive Surgery. Edited by Michael Traynor, MD.
Chapters in books:
- Chapter on Laparoscopic Treatment of Rectovaginal Fistula. Nezhat’s Operative Gynecologic Laparoscopy with Hysteroscopy: Principles and Techniques, 3rd edition. Cambridge University Press. (April 30, 2008).
- Complete laparoscopic excision of endometriosis in teenagers: Is postoperative hormonal suppression necessary?. Poster presentation at AAGL annual conference, Orlando, FL 2009 and at the World Symposium of Endometriosis conference, Atlanta, GA on March 24-26, 2011.
- Yeung P, Justice T, Pasic R. Validation Study on the Use of Video in Laparoscopic Training: A Randomized, Controlled Study. 1st prize winner of the Jay Cooper Endowed Award for Best Paper for the AAGL Fellowship 2008.
- Nezhat C, Yeung P. Preoperative periumbilical ultrasound-guided saline infusion (PUGSI) as a tool in predicting obliterating subumbilical adhesions in laparoscopy. Poster presentation at ACOG conference in May 2007. 1st prize winner of the Kurt Semm award at AAGL conference 2007.
- Peritoneal Access. LESS is More: The Basics of Single Site Surgery. Comprehensive course for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery AAGL Fellows. Nicholson Center, Celebration Hospital, Florida, October 6-7, 2011.
- Laparoendoscopic Single Site Surgery. Session at North Carolina Obstetrics & Gynecology Annual Meeting, Asheville, North Carolina, April 17, 2011.
- Complete laparoscopic excision of endometriosis in adolescents: Is hormonal suppression necessary?. Oral presentation. AAGL annual conference, Las Vegas, November 11, 2010.
- The Laparoscopic Management of Endometriosis. Session at Carter Society (Duke faculty and alumni) meeting, Asheville, North Carolina, October 30, 2010.
- The Surgical Management of Endometriosis. Grand Rounds, Rex Hospital, Raleigh, North Carolina, October 1, 2009.
- The Laparoscopic Excision of Endometriosis. North Carolina Obstetrics & Gynecology Society, April 26, 2009. Grand Rounds, December 10, 2008. Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Duke University.
- A Comparison of Text versus Video in Laparoscopic Training for the Novice Surgeon: A Randomized, Controlled Study. Presented at AAGL and ASRM conferences 2008.
- Difficulties and Challenges for Research in Endometriosis. Presented at 2nd annual international AAGL conference with SOBENGE in Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2008.
- A Systematic Review of the Laparoscopic Management of Endometriosis. Grand rounds, April 1 2008. Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Louisville.
- Serum Levels of Hormones Known to Affect Parturition in Patients Receiving 17 alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate (17-P) for the Prevention of Preterm Delivery. Presented at Resident Research Day 2007, Georgetown University Hospital.
- Thigh Abscess Mistaken for Sarcoma Following Transobturator Tape: A Case Report and Literature Review. Oral presentation at annual AAGL conference 2006.
- Laparoscopic excision of endometriosis using carbon dioxide (CO2) laser. Presented at the AAGL annual conference in Las Vegas and at the Surgical Film Festival (SURFF) in Raleigh-Durham, 2010. Presented at the World Symposium on Endometriosis, Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA, March 24-26, 2011.
- Hysteroscopic resection. Educational video sponsored by Gyrus/ACMI, available at www.gynlaparoscopy.com and www.ObGyn.net. Preview prepared and presented at ACOG Annual Clinical Meeting, May 5-7, 2008. Presented at AAGL annual conference 2009.
- The management of dermoid cysts. Educational video on the laparoscopic management of dermoid cysts, available on www.gynlaparoscopy.com. Presented at for the AAGL annual conference 2008.
- Chair of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) Research Committee 2011-2012. Member since 2009.
- Chair of the Protocols Committee of the Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Research Consortium 2011-2012, under the auspices of the AAGL.
- Supervising faculty for medical student research at Saint Louis University, 2011-present.
- Supervising faculty for a resident study entitled Patient Preferences of Cosmesis for Incisions in Gynecologic Surgery, Duke 2010-2011.
- Principal Investigator for a multi-step, multi-center trial to do a prospective randomized comparison of excision versus ablation in the laparoscopic management of endometriosis. Completing pilot study phase. Carried out through by the AAGL Research Committee.
- Principal Investigator for creating a prospective database and tissue bank for the Saint Louis University Center for Endometriosis. This will be used to evaluate outcomes of excision for endometriosis, and to provide a mechanism to studying endometriosis samples to ultimately find a cure for endometriosis.
- Site Investigator for a multi-center retrospective study looking at comparing two different classification systems for endometriosis - the old one (revised version of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine) and a new one (developed by a Special Interest group on Endometriosis of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists).
- Site investigator for in a multi-center, randomized controlled trial of single site laparoscopic surgery versus conventional laparoscopic surgery for total hysterectomy. Sponsored by Covidien.
- Supervising author for a study entitled Patient Preferences of Cosmesis for Incisions in Gynecologic Surgery. Manuscript in submission phase.
1031 Bellevue, Suite 400
St. Louis, MO 63117
Phone:: (314) 977-7455
Fax (314) 977-7477